P & I are a friendly, family run business who specialise in critical power solutions. Founded in 1999, the company has grown to become a leading independent supplier of generators and UPS systems with a genuine commitment to quality and service. We are currently looking for a target driven sales executive to join our expanding sales team.
- Experienced in technical sales
- Direct sales experience in the critical power or an associated industry
- The ability and desire to sell and develop new business opportunities
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive, confident and determined approach
- Resilience and the ability to cope with rejection
- A high degree of self-motivation and ambition
- The skills to work both independently and as part of a team
- The capability to flourish in a competitive environment
- A good level of numeracy and attention to detail
- A full driving licence
To plan and carry out direct sales activities, so as to maintain and develop sales activities of critical power equipment and services to UK major accounts and specifiers, in accordance with agreed business plans and sales targets.
Duties /Responsibilities to include but not limited to are;
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales – especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Respond to and follow up on incoming phone and email enquiries including ‘info’ emails.
- Agree and meet set sales targets.
- Plan and manage personal business portfolio according to an agreed development strategy.
- Negotiate the terms of agreement and closing of sales.
- Challenge any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy products and services.
- Create accurate sales orders through the CRM based on customer specification and requirements.
- For sales orders that are passed to the projects department ensure that a full and detailed handover and acceptance is completed with the project manager.
- Use own and available in depth knowledge of critical power equipment to ensure customers always receive expert advice.
- Maximise sales opportunities by ensuring customers are given information and options for all company products and services beyond the scope of original enquiry.
- Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed aims.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods.
- Use relevant internal liaison to optimise quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction.
- Use customer and prospect contact activities tools and systems and update relevant information held in these systems.
- Support marketing activities and integrate personal sales efforts with other organised marketing activities, e.g. product launches, promotions, advertising, and exhibitions.
- Produce clear, detailed and accurate quotations.
- Create and process purchase order requirements as needed.
- Ensure maintainable profit margins are consistently achieved.
- Complete and accurately record details of site visits / surveys as required.
- Check, respond and follow up on outstanding sales emails.
- Respond, follow up and record all sales enquiries in full using company CRM with all relevant details as required.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
- Record, analyse, report and administer according to systems and requirements.
- Communicate with all customers, suppliers and internal staff with a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Communicate, liaise and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Manage and process assigned sales orders.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Carryout any other reasonable duties or tasks as determined by the needs of the business.
- Continuously and actively promote the company in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your CV to Jon Terzza at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*No recruitment agencies please*