P & I are a friendly, family run business who specialise in critical power solutions. Founded in 1999, the company has grown to become a leading independent supplier of generators, UPS systems and control systems, with a genuine commitment to quality and service. We are currently looking for a purchase ledger administrator to join our accounts team.
Responsible for making BACS or cheque payments, checking invoices, working out VAT payments, checking and reconciling statements and dealing with all purchase enquiries.
Duties /Responsibilities to include but not limited to are;
1. Reconciliation of purchase orders to purchase invoices
2. Create purchase invoices
3. Create bank payments and check statements, match invoices against statements
4. Create remittance from CRM for multiple invoices and send remittance by email
5. Create purchase invoices from statements
6. Maintain and update purchase ledger spreadsheets
7. Maintain contact with clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment
8. Assist customers with query resolution
9. Administer customer accounts, setting up of new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details
10. Identify client disputes and ensure prompt resolution by working with both internal and external clients
11. Proactively check invoices, resolving customer enquiries and complaints
12. Provide detailed ledger analysis and reports as required
13. Compare suppliers’ invoices with purchase orders and raise a query if there is a discrepancy
14. Reconciliation of supplier statements
15. Reconcile bank accounts and petty cash accounts
16. Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
17. Manage expenses payments and employee credit card payments
18. Assist with sales ledger requirements
19. Maintain strong relationships with customers and suppliers
20. Investigate rejected purchase invoices
21. Data entry
22. Communicate with all customers, suppliers and internal staff with a courteous and professional manner at all times.
23. Carryout any other reasonable duties or tasks as determined by the needs of the business.
24. Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your CV to Alan Blair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*No recruitment agencies please*