Project Engineer Vacancy
Salary: £28,000.00 – £34,000.00 per year
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
P & I are looking for an experienced project engineer to facilitate and manage the successful initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure of P & I projects. This will include projects for installation of critical power systems including generators, fuel tanks, UPS and control systems. The role requires a highly organised, detail orientated, technically minded and motivated engineer who can work effectively on their own initiative and also work closely with other departments. Able to achieve the objectives and ensure and that quality projects are completed safely and in a professional manner so that clients consistently receive the best possible experience, delivered on time and on budget.
Duties /Responsibilities to include but not limited to are;
- Responsible for managing and control of multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Ensure all project requirements are agreed, met and then delivered on time and within budget.
- Ensure that the project is delivered to meet the design specification.
- Liaise with and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties to ensure efficient project delivery.
- Create and manage support functions covering planning, tracking, reporting, quality management and internal / external communication for projects.
- Identify potential engineering and commercial issues early and ensure effective solutions are implemented as required.
- Complete administrative requirements including writing Risk and Method Statements (RAMS), permits to work, safety and clearance documentation as required.
- Ensure all resources and labour allocation are correct for the works to be carried out.
- Create and implement project plans, full programs of work and produce Gantt charts for presentation to clients and senior management
- Achieve all project deliverables in line with the set project plan and program of works.
- Maximise project margins wherever possible whilst maintaining delivery of quality service and hardware to meet exacting specifications.
- Review project activities for compliance with procedures and standards.
- Identify services to be provided by external companies, contractors and approved suppliers.
- Coordinate all project activities with the client, sales department, design and service departments, contractors and suppliers to ensure a managed project delivery.
- Assist with the production of required documentation.
- Liaise with clients and suppliers as required to meet project needs and ensure a positive relationships.
- Keep regular and clear communication with customers / site to ensure a continuous positive and professional experience.
- Arrange materials as required for on budget and on time delivery using company CRM software.
- Define project baselines and track project progress with use of MS Projects software
- Resolve cross-functional issues at project level and escalate where necessary.
- Determine variations above the initial quote acceptance or scope of works and liaise with sales department to arrange additional quotes for any variation identified.
- Arrange site surveys / visits.
- Organise factory acceptance testing (FAT), site acceptance testing (SAT), compliance and witness testing.
- Ensure the safety and quality of the delivered project.
- Attend project handover meeting to accept responsibility for new projects.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills and continually and actively increase technical and product knowledge.
- Ensure Health and safety compliance.
- Conduct site inspections and audits to ensure quality and safety requirements are continuously upheld.
- Communicate with all clients, suppliers and internal staff with a courteous and professional manner at all times.
Desired qualifications and experience:
- Project management experience ideally within power or electrical related applications
- PRINCE2 Foundation / Practitioner
- Full UK driving license
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good level of technical understanding (electrical and mechanical)
- The ability to work under pressure within budgets and to deadlines
- Self-motivation, initiative and be able to manage own workload
- Company Events
- On-site Parking
P & I have put measures in place to be COVID-19 secure and strictly follow HM Government and PHE guidelines
- Project Engineer / Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- PRINCE2 Foundation / Practitioner (Preferred)
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your CV to Alan Blair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*No recruitment agencies please*