Electrical Engineer – Control systems integration
P & I are a family run business based in Havant, Hampshire. We are proud of the service we provide and this is born by the companies who put their trust in not only our servicing ability but also in our product. Due to our continued success, we are now looking for an electrical engineer to join our highly skilled team.
Besides your day-to-day activities, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in new projects and innovate. You will be a key part of a highly skilled team and thrive in delivering high-quality results and always be on the lookout for improvements.
Main duties to include, but not limited to:
- Mobile role visiting customer sites, van, tablet and phone supplied
- Perform inspections, fault finding and testing of electrical installations, controls and machinery
- Provide expertise in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and Pneumatic control systems
- Complete installation, commissioning and customer training of control systems and machinery.
- Install connectivity options via telemetry, BMS and associated devices
- Work individually and as part of a team to test and evaluate equipment to meet specifications.
- Provide technical assistance as needed to internal engineering staff and customers alike.
- Have excellent understanding of control panel design, layout, control room plans, module wiring, panel configuration and power distribution.
- Supervision of electrical installation teams and electrical installs
- Be part of the on call Rota
Expected qualifications and experience:
- BS7671 (17th Edition) Wiring Regulations
- Electrical Trade Skills demonstrated by NVQ/Apprenticeship
- LV Control panel and electrical distribution experience
- PLC and SCADA experience
- Strong analytical and fault finding skills.
- A team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves.
- Self-motivated and customer-focused.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- C&G 2391 Inspection & Testing of Electrical Installations
- Installation Experience within the water and power sectors
- ECS/CSCS Card
- Educated in electrical/mechanical engineering (with electrical bias)
- Advanced industrial engineering, project management and implementation experience.
- Experience within critical power applications
- Site Supervisor Safety Trained
If this sounds like to role for you, please send your CV to Ashley Benfield at firstname.lastname@example.org.