P & I are a family run business based in Havant, Hampshire. As critical power specialists, we design and build control systems in-house for the prime power industry. In addition, we design and build upgrade systems for diesel/gas generators, automatic changeover switchgear to 4000A and full control systems bespoke to our customers’ requirements. We also supply and support high voltage generation and switchgear for our customers as required.
Due to expansion, we are currently looking for a control panel builder/wireman to join our team.
To plan and carry out building of electrical control panels from electrical schematics and panel layout drawings. To aid in the design and build of electrical systems including control panels, control stations, generator controllers and junction boxes.
Duties/responsibilities to include but not limited to are;
- Build and troubleshoot electrical systems for critical power applications including, but not limited to control panels, control stations, generator controllers, contactors, relays and timers.
- Build industrial control enclosures and connect wiring from schematics.
- Carry out all mechanical preparation of the panel enclosures including tap and drill panels, enclosures and mounting of components.
- Interpret data from electrical and mechanical diagrams and schematics and complete builds to given design.
- Effectively use electrical test equipment, schematics and technical manuals.
- Assist panel designers in the design of panel requirements, alterations and suggest and implement improvements.
- Identify and select correct parts/materials required for build
- Source suppliers and material information/specifications to ensure efficient, on time and cost-effective panel builds.
- Determine placement of components as part of the panel design.
- Complete wiring of all components following electrical schematic diagrams.
- Finish products to a professionally high standard of work.
- Ensure all panel diagrams, information and schematics are current and correct for the build.
- Complete full electrical panel testing and commissioning.
- Assist with factory acceptance testing as required.
- Carry out on site panel installation work as required.
- Carry out fault finding and repairs of panels including on site as required
- Utilise best practise/efficient manufacturing techniques.
- High attention to detail with the ability to inspect and test own work.
- Carry out servicing, maintenance and repairs to associated critical power control equipment.
- Complete pre-delivery inspections (PDI) of equipment ready for dispatch
- Prep hire equipment ready for deployment and on return.
- Conduct activities in a safe manner and work in accordance with established safety requirements.
- Able to effectively use hand and power tools.
- Ensure good housekeeping practises are consistently maintained in the panel/workshop area to ensure a clean, clear and safe working environment.
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills to continually and actively increase technical and product knowledge.
- Guide and mentor junior engineers and apprentices.
- Work within a controlled environment and to deadlines provided by line manager
- Carryout any other reasonable duties or tasks as determined by the needs of the business.
- Communicate with all customers, suppliers and internal staff with a courteous and professional manner at all times.
Ideally with formal electrical qualifications, preferably City & Guilds IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition or equivalent.
If this sounds like to role for you, please send your CV to Alan Blair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*No recruitment agencies please*